The Innovation Insider series reviews how IT leaders can prepare their businesses for disruptive exponential technologies.
To join the interactive Innovation Insider series community, sign up for the newsletter and receive weekly updates delivered to your inbox.
You should also check out the new Innovation Insider VLog Series!
CIO Offense + Defense Innovation
March 21st, 2018 11am – 2:30pm
Session 1 – Offense Innovation: CIO Peer to Peer Roundtable Discussion on Innovation & Transformation
11:30am-1:15pm Interactive Discussions Facilitated By Bill Murphy
The goal of the facilitated roundtable discussion is to have high performance CIOs collaborating in a tight-knit group focusing on, but not limited to these topics below:
- How do high performance leaders think? The best CIOs ask the best questions.
- CIO Relevance: How can you keep growing as a high performance leader? What do you need to learn?
- Seat at the table: You want to be involved with business innovation but when you are invited to the table how do you sound? What do you say? Are you the voice of exponential thinking and possibility or are you the voice of reason and logic?
- Understanding the impact of language that you are using as a CIO, so that you can participate, lead, persuade and educate the business in regards to innovation and transformation.
- Speed is the new Currency: How do you innovate the teams in your organization to ‘go fast?’
- Data Aggregation vs. Data Analysis
- Finding Mentors: you are the average of the 5 people you talk to most frequently regarding these topics. Who were your most recent conversations with?
- What is a platform? Do you have the ability to build a community or a ‘Two-sided network’?
- Sounding Different in Job Interviews
- What is “Innovation at the Edge”
Session 2 – Game Changing Transformation
1:15pm – 1:45pm Speaker: Shola Oyewole, CIO, United Therapeutics
Shola works as the CIO at one of the most innovative, game changing companies in the world. Learn why his CEO said:
“The NEXS Bar (Think Apple Genius Bar) is/was the most important thing IT has done in 18 years.”
Shola will also review the following:
- KISSS Principles
- Paradigm of Abundance
- Frictionless Access
- His vision of “Help Desk” as “Business Consultants”
Session 3 – Defense Innovation
1:45pm – 2:30pm Speaker: James Crifasi, CTO, RedZone Technologies
Part 1 – Understanding the Virtual Information Security Officer (VISO) Role
- What is a Virtual ISO?
- How does a VISO satisfy operational security needs?
- How does a VISO satisfy security compliance needs?
- How can you use a VISO to drive a security vision towards a [single pane of glass]
- What problems can a Virtual ISO help a CIO solve?
- How can you to deploy a Virtual ISO into your business?
- What can’t a Virtual ISO do? What to avoid asking a VISO to do?
- How can a Virtual ISO help with Strategy, Design, Tactics and Technical Response?
- Two Minute Drill – A Ransomware checklist will be provided that you can take back to your team to validate your environment.
Part 2 – GDPR: How Will these New Regulations Impact You?
- Identifying the key distinctions of the new GDPR Regulations.
- What types and pieces of information are considered GDPR?
- Why “Transparency” of personal data is important.
- The GDPR Checklist: A RedZone VISO program checklist will be provided that you can use within your business immediately.
Past CIO Innovation Insider Events Include:
- Moving Your Data Center To The Cloud
- Mobile Device Management Policy Workshop – Part 1
- Mobile Device Management Policy Workshop – Part 2
- Credit Unions & DDoS Attacks
- Bitcoin Education for CIOs
- Open SSL Heartbleed Bug Remediation
- Prevent Being Hacked
- Everything A CIO Needs to Know About Facebook
- The CIO As An Entrepreneur
- Special Event with John Hughes – Author of Haunting the CEO
- The CIO As a Change Agent
- Google Apps & More
- APT Malware & Crimeware – Part 1
- Credit Union Security Lunch
- CIO Luncheon Symposium