The Innovation Insider series reviews how IT leaders can prepare their businesses for disruptive exponential technologies.
To join the interactive Innovation Insider series community, sign up for the newsletter and receive weekly updates delivered to your inbox.
You should also check out the new Innovation Insider VLog Series!
CIO Offense + Defense Innovation
June 20th, 2018 11am – 2:30pm
Session 1 – Offense Innovation: CIO Peer to Peer Roundtable Discussion on Innovation & Transformation
11:30am-1:30pm Interactive Discussions Facilitated By Bill Murphy
The goal of the facilitated roundtable discussion is to have high performance CIOs collaborating in a tight-knit group focusing on, but not limited to these topics below:
- Where in your organization do you have your best people work on the worst problems versus your best people working on the biggest opportunities?
- How do high performance leaders think? The best CIOs ask the best questions.
- CIO Relevance: How can you keep growing as a high performance leader? What do you need to learn?
- Seat at the table: You want to be involved with business innovation but when you are invited to the table how do you sound? What do you say? Are you the voice of exponential thinking and possibility or are you the voice of reason and logic?
- Understanding the impact of language that you are using as a CIO, so that you can participate, lead, persuade and educate the business in regards to innovation and transformation.
- Speed is the new Currency: How do you innovate the teams in your organization to ‘go fast?’
- Finding Mentors: you are the average of the 5 people you talk to most frequently regarding these topics. Who were your most recent conversations with?
- What is “Innovation at the Edge”
Session 2 – Strategies + Tactics on Deploying Power BI in the Enterprise
1:30pm – 2:30pm Presentation from Gion Hollingsworth, Microsoft
- Microsoft Mission Statement + Current BI Landscape
- Power BI Solution Overview (includes Power BI flavors/offering types with applicable high-level landscape)
- Demo (Demo of working solution with KPIs and Drill-Down capabilities, etc.)
- Deployment Governance and Security
- Q & A
Past CIO Innovation Insider Events Include:
- Moving Your Data Center To The Cloud
- Mobile Device Management Policy Workshop – Part 1
- Mobile Device Management Policy Workshop – Part 2
- Credit Unions & DDoS Attacks
- Bitcoin Education for CIOs
- Open SSL Heartbleed Bug Remediation
- Prevent Being Hacked
- Everything A CIO Needs to Know About Facebook
- The CIO As An Entrepreneur
- Special Event with John Hughes – Author of Haunting the CEO
- The CIO As a Change Agent
- Google Apps & More
- APT Malware & Crimeware – Part 1
- Credit Union Security Lunch
- CIO Luncheon Symposium