About Your Hosts
President & CEO
Bill is an entrepreneur, prolific thinker and communicator. He founded RedZone Technologies in 2001 with the vision of deploying an elite team, rigorous assessments and dependable solutions that thrive in the 'red zone'.
He hosts the popular RedZone podcast, where he interviews leaders who inspire him in the areas of Exponential Technologies, Business Innovation, Entrepreneurship, Thought Leadership, Enterprise IT Security, Neuroscience, Philosophy and more.
Bill hosts the long-running CIO and ExO Mastermind Group which helps IT executives to share expertise with peers, to build professional relationships, to learn about new (business innovation) developments and to expand leadership skills.
Bill is the D.C. area ambassador for Singularity University. His articles have been regularly been featured in CIO Review, CIO Today and Enterprise Security Today.
James Crifasi has over nineteen years of IT security, architecture, and integration experience and a strong record of accomplishment. He holds several degrees from the University of Maryland: a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science and Algorithmic Theory, a Bachelor of Arts in Criminology and Criminal Justice, and a Masters in Science in Interdisciplinary Management. Serving as Chief Technology Officer and VP for RedZone, James is responsible for all aspects of technology, project development, legal, and engineering for the company. He has over a decade of success in ensuring customers successfully and repeatedly pass any and all security examinations. James is also a member of Infragard.
Previous Topics Discussed
Lessons Learned from 17 years of Security Assessments
- What are the mistakes that lead to malware, phishing, and ransomware?
- The most common mistakes we see, and how you can avoid them
- Our top vendors for data governance, white listing & APT protection
- The top Cloud IaaM & authentication problems with Azure & AWS
- Key Questions to help assess if your Azure/AWS integration is secure
- How to rent virtual IT Security expertise to complement your team
- The best virtual tool to use to obtain executive funding for IT security
The Role of the CIO - Innovation within Business + Virtual Reality + Design Thinking
- The Assess your company's capacity for culture of innovation
- Explore your own personal capabilities in leading innovation
- How to manage privacy & governance within a culture of innovation
- Understanding the impact of finance with innovation
- How design thinking can help build capabilities around innovation
- How to find the right innovation & exponential technology expertise
- What innovation technologies should CIOs be tracking now e.g. Virtual Reality, Big Data, IoT, Quantum Computing, AI, etc.
Our Previous Expert Speakers
Shayna Skolnik - Leader in VR
CEO & Co-Founder
Jason Ganz - Founder, VR Meetup In Washington DC Area
CEO & Co-Founder
Dmitri Adler - Machine Learning + Deep Learning
Chief Data Scientist
Testimonials from Previous Attendees:
"One of the reasons I attend these kinds of talks is to hear things that give me ideas on handling things in my own area. Yesterday's meeting was great. I took good notes on comments and things said that inspire other ideas at work"
David Tamayo, DCS Corporation
"I thought the event was great. It brought together individuals from different perspectives and industries. I'm looking forward to next month's meeting."
Bill Granger, Walker and Dunlop
"It provided me with an opportunity to connect with other local executives and also learn about some of their challenges. The session by MAGA Design was also very useful."
Ramesh Bulusu, United Educators
Some of Our Previous Attendees Include:
DECO Recovery Management
Host Hotels and Resorts
American Psychiatric Association
MECU of Baltimore
Wiley Rein, LLP
Josh Rosales PhD,
Seventh-Day Adventist Church
Armed Forces Benefit Association
Laborer's International Union of North America
Digital Signal Corp
National Committee for Quality Assurance
American Chemistry Council
First Potomac Realty Trust
DavCo Restaurants, Inc.
Direct Energy Solar
American Psychological Association
Our Sponsors & Partners