This episode is sponsored by the CIO Scoreboard
My guest for this episode was a great IT Leader Prabhash Shrestha.
Prabhash, Vice President of Information Technology, currently overseas, manages, strategizes business and operation of digital and Health IT at American Gastroenterological Association (AGA). He actively works with AGA’s senior management team, board and volunteers, members, and business partners in analyzing the trends and the direction of technology of AGA.. Previously, he was Chief Information Officer (CIO) at Association of Fundraising Professionals for eight years, from 2006 to 2014.
He was chosen as DC’s Top Association Tech Gurus by Trending 40. He was honored as the Top Ten Association Technology Leaders by Association Trends in December 2015. He was also awarded Top Association & Non-Profit Innovators 2015. Prabhash was chosen as the Top Innovators in the Washington, DC Association and Non-Profit community in January 2015. He was featured on the The A List on 2014 Nov/December issue of Associations Now magazine. He also was featured as one of the Top 5 under 35 in 2007. He has been interviewed on by various publications, radio and news media, and magazines. He speaks frequently at non-profit/association technology conferences and other conferences on various technology, leadership, management and business issues.
Prabhash holds a Master of Science in Information Systems. and holds Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) Sloan Executive Certificate on Strategy and Innovation. He has been teaching at Georgetown University’s Master’s Degree program in Technology Management since 2010. He has won several teaching excellence awards at Georgetown University.
Download the Full Transcript>>
Major Take-Aways From This Episode:
1. His almost automatic focus on revenue and customer needs,
2. I don’t mean the clique customer needs examine but really putting yourself in the customer, patient, experience so that you really, really know it,
3. How to bring quick wins to market,
4. He has an approach we discussed where you evaluate 5 areas a) Audit the market b) Build a MVP minimum viable product fill the gap c) Shrink the time to market d) Grow by examining data (a Core IT leader skill) e) and evolving the product,
5. Books and articles he recommends.
How to get in touch with Prabhash Shrestha:
- Lean Startup: How Today’s Entrepreneurs Use Continuous Innovation to Create Radically Successful Businesses, Eric Ries
- MIT Publications
- Harvard Business Review Publications
This episode is sponsored by the CIO Scoreboard, a powerful tool that helps you communicate the status of your IT Security program visually in just a few minutes.
* Outro music provided by Ben’s Sound
Other Ways To Listen to the Podcast
iTunes | Libsyn | Soundcloud | RSS | LinkedIn
Leave a Review
If you enjoyed this episode, then please consider leaving an iTunes review here
Click here for instructions on how to leave an iTunes review if you’re doing this for the first time.
About Bill Murphy
Bill Murphy is a world renowned IT Security Expert dedicated to your success as an IT business leader. Follow Bill on LinkedIn and Twitter.