This episode is sponsored by the CIO Scoreboard
There was literally too much ground to cover with Peter W. Singer. He was one of these interviews where you just have to let him run because he has so much to say. His knowledge and experience are too wide to cover in a short hour, but here are some key takeaways that you will learn when you listen.
Major Take-Aways From This Episode:
He is not a doomsday figure, but one that seeks to find alternatives, explain, and develop context to the changes that are impacting our lives.
He was on a research project that asked 60 people what are the 5 trends that are of the same magnitude the release of computer in 1980:
- Hardware – Robots, autonomous vehicles
- Software – IoT, Big Data, AI
- Waveware – Energy Sources, solar, lasers
- Hardware – Additive printing and manufacturing, 3d, bits to atoms
- Wetware – human performance enhancing technology